Lexington, SC Painting Company (866) 296-8909
Kitchen Cabinet Painting
Wall and Ceiling Repair
Water Damage Repair
Exterior Painting Lexington
Deck Cleaning and Staining
Condo Association Painting
Lexington, SC Painters | (866) 296-8909
sure home enhancement projects absolutely require a professional. I cannot think of many homeowners who are ready to install their own HVAC, pour a foundation, or build an addition. further projects, in imitation of painting, just seem to be begging for the do-it-yourselfer. After all, who isn’t skilled of dabbing a brush in paint?
But painting is more difficult than it looks. So, it is similar to great pleasure that many DIY painters announce that it is now epoch to hire a painting contractor to consent upon the job.
Let us find out what painting contractors do, how to hire them, and how to negotiate the best price for your painting job.
What Is a Lexington SC 29071 Painting Contractor?
A painting contractor can law as a sub, or sub-contractor, below a general contractor, or can hire itself out directly to the homeowner. Usually, the painting contractor is a relatively small operation, ranging from the one-man sole commissioner stirring to 20 or 30 painters practicing for a little company.
How To find One
Painting contractors tend to be local (as of yet, there are no nationally franchised paint contractors). even if paint contractors concentrate upon painting, some enactment united tasks such as plaster repairs, youthful drywall work, trim and molding, and wallpapering.
The supplementary hard part is getting a painting contractor to accomplish up. even though this generalization does not apply to all painter, personally I am completely grateful if I can get a paint contractor to statute taking place to see at the house and to higher develop a written estimate in Lexington SC 29071.
I hardly fault the painting contractors, because I think it is a assimilation of the contractors beast smaller operations along afterward a high demand for their work.
Because it is next-door to impossible to locate out suggestion practically local painting contractors upon the Internet, the old adage talk to neighbors applies here in Lexington SC 29071.
Some painting contractors display signs on the lawns of houses they are functioning on, but you locate this more subsequently general contractors and siding and replacement windows companies. So, supplementary than the painters white panel van out front, you often accomplish not know what is going upon inside your neighbors houses in Lexington SC 29071.
Urban areas often have local magazines (i.e., in Seattle, there is Seattle Magazine), and many of them have features upon renovated houses. These pieces will list the names and phone numbers for the contractor and sub-contractorsbut be warned, these sub-contractors are usually enormously high-end and expensive.
What Will He Do?
Most painting contractors will agree to upon any nice of job, from merely painting your window trim to a full-house paint job. But allow us assume that they are painting your interior. You can usually expect:
- Coverage of all areas that will not be painted, including floors, windows, kitchen counters, cabinets, etc.
- Minor surface preparation prior to painting, which means well-ventilated sanding and scraping away at a loose end paint, tapping in a few protruding nails, cleaning off woodwork, using tackcloth in some areas. The key here is minor, as the contractor will admit that the home is mostly in paint-ready condition
- Removal of electrical plates, lights, doors, and extra obstacles.
- Moving furniture away for greater than before right of entry to the areas to be painted. This is not really a painters job, correspondingly you would infatuation to encourage this beforehand.
- Priming extra drywall or the current paint in the same way as an interior latex primer.
- Two color coats of interior latex paint on the walls.
- Two coats of ceiling paint.
- Painting the trim and molding (baseboards, window trim, window mutins, etc.).
- Touchups of missed spots.
- Cleanups for accidents (no situation how fine the coverage past drop-cloths, some drips will happen).
- A unchangeable review with painting foreman and homeowner.
How To talk To Him
Unlike conversing past an electrician, you attain not need to know specialized lingo. Most home painting contractors are good at making things certain to the homeowner.
A few topics you will want to discuss:
- Is the cost of the paint included in the estimate?
- What type of paint does the contractor point on using?
- How many coats will be laid down?
- How does he seek upon covering the non-paintable areas?
- How long does he expect the job to take?
- Is it preferable for the residents to vacate the house during the job?
- Will he use masking tape not far off from the trim or the cut-in method?
How Much Will It Cost?
More than you expect. Some painting contractors will have formulas that they use, tallying taking place square footage of walls and ceilings, along bearing in mind linear footage of trim. They will calculate preparation time, as skillfully as the hard costs for primer and paint.
Most paint contractors will provide you an estimate based on their experience when same jobs. even if this estimate cannot be tied to specifics, it is usually a reasonably fine figure. For you, the homeowner, the lonesome habit you will know if this is a good estimate is to compare it to quotes you get from extra contractors.
A whole-house interior paint job like the one described in this article can easily cost around $10,000 or more.
Painting Company-West Columbia-SC-29169